Good evening! Today’s recipe came about when my mom found out I could cook. While it was good to have the approval of my mom, that meant that upon my return, I would be on the hook for cooking. That time came this past Friday. In my laziness, I didn’t want to buy anything at the store and I decided to use whatever I had in the house, Iron Chef style. The result is as follows:
1. Boneless, skinless chicken breast
5. Curry Powder
6. Trader Joe’s Thai Yellow Curry Sauce
1. Chop up chicken breast into bite size pieces.
2. Apply salt, pepper, garlic powder, and curry powder to chicken breast.
3. Cook on the stove on medium heat. PLEASE REMEMBER, most people cook chicken breast until it’s firm which dries it out. Just cook it until the pink is gone. For this recipe, if there’s a little pink left, it’s ok. It will be cooked further in the process.
4. Once the chicken is cooked, set the stove to simmer and add the curry sauce and basil leaves.
5. Let it simmer for about 15 minutes. This will tenderize the chicken and let the natural flavors of the curry and the basil to sink in.
Upon finishing, your dish should look like the picture. I hope this is a recipe you and yours will enjoy. Happy cooking!